Friday, September 19, 2014

Believe It !!!!

Greetings once again wobble watchers!

I know it's been awhile since we talked. I'm not shunning you. I just didn't have a lot to tell you. Basically, your formerly pudgy pundit has been mired in the 170.5 to 172 pound range for several months. Wallowing at the doorstep of the 160s has been frustrating to say the least.  But I only have myself to blame. As reported to you previously, I have been keeping a pretty good eye on my food intake and keeping active. However, the summer's many social engagements have had me dancing with my personal devil, the weight loss killer himself, good 'ol Al. C. Hall. (That's al-co-hol for you newcomers). Yes, I have been living a normal person's life for the past few months so I kept my expectations low and low results is what I got.

Well, imagine my surprise this morning when I stepped up on to my fancy FitBit scale, ensconced in nothing but my birthday suit, rubbed the sleep from my eyes, looked down expecting the same report and then ... It can't be. I refocused and looked again. Staring back at me was the holy grail I have been seeking. My scale said 169.2.  I have reached my goal.

I didn't yell "whoopee". I didn't dance a fanciful jig. I did what any normal person of this new millennia would do. I rushed downstairs in full undress and grabbed my phone.  I needed a picture of this to prove it to you and for me to always remember the moment. After 16 months and three days of various trials and tribulations, my efforts have finally received the final payment. I made it.

So that's the BIG news of the day.  The journey has been completed. Johnny has been fully deconstructed. Somewhere, someone is saying " I didn't think that fat ass could do it." Well, poo on you.  I did do it. I sit here today, weighing 169 pounds.  Roughly the same weight I was circa 1973. Eighth grade.

Fat fans, this is not the end.  Remember I'm sticking with this plan until January 1, 2015.  Wherever I land at that time is where I will start maintenance. So we have a few more months to spend together. I have a mancation to Vegas and fatcation to St. Maarten (the ultimate eating and drinking paradise) scheduled between now and then. I know I will be challenged every minute of those getaways. So stay tuned.  Let's see if I can stay in the 160s by New Year's eve. Plus, there will always be some good stories to tell.

Until next time,
Johnny signing off at 169.2 pounds.


 
 

1 comment: